Kidney failure is the last step of kidney disease whereby if can no longer excrete the unwanted substances out of the body and regulates the amount of water as well as acid bases balance and other important functions. The normal human has two kidneys though one can be able to survive and live normally with only one kidney. When the kidney fails, one is usually put on a dialysis machine that helps in filtering the blood of any unwanted debris that could otherwise be toxic to the body. Below are some of the ways that one can prevent liver failure:
- Avoiding or stopping smoking, this is because cigarette smoking has a lot bad effects to your health including kidney failure. Smoking will increase your blood pressure which could easily destroy your kidneys as well.
- For those who are hypertensive, they really need to get a hold of themselves and make sure that they really have their blood pressure under control because chronic hypertension is a risk factor for kidney failure.
- Alcohol consumption adds a lot of strain to your kidneys and so quitting alcohol consumption is one of the ways that you can help preventing any damage to your kidneys.
- Drinking a lot of water ensure that your body is well hydrated and there is a balance between water input and output is essential as far as maintaining the normal functioning of your kidney and prevention of kidney failure in the long run.
- Scheduling regular urine and blood tests will ensure that your kidney function ability is out to check and any deviations from the norm could be further examined and managed accordingly.
In conclusion, some medical procedures like x-rays and others could increase one’s risk for kidney failure and so before these procedures are performed, a thorough discussion with your doctor is important to avoid any damage of further destroying the kidneys.