Everyone knows the saying, ‘An apple a day, keeps the doctor away.’ Apple is a crunchy and pleasant tasting fruit which most people enjoy eating and it is known to be very healthy for our body. You are one big apple lover, then this article may interest you because we shall see the nutritional facts and health benefits one can get after eating an apple.
A normal-sized apple possesses:
Protein: 0.47 gm
Fiber: 4.4 gm
Vitamins in an apple:
Following is a list of vitamins that are found in apple while some are present in very low amount:
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) – 0.031 mg
Folate – 5 mcg
Vitamin A – 98 IU
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) – 0.047 mg
Vitamin C – 8.4 mg
Vitamin B5 – 0.111 mg
Vitamin K – 4 mcg
Vitamin B6 – 0.075 mg
Niacin – 0.166 mg
Vitamin E – 0.33 mg
Minerals in apple:
Following is a list of minerals that are found in apple while some are present in very low amount:
Calcium – 11 mg
Iron – 0.22 mg
Manganese – 0.064 mg
Zinc – 0.07 mg
Potassium – 195 mg
Magnesium – 9 mg
Copper – 0.049 mg
Phosphorus – 20 mg
Sodium – 2 mg
Health benefits that apple has to offer:
Apple is rich in pectin, soluble fibers that do many good things in our body. There are many healthy facts about apples and some of them include:
- Apple is good for your heart.
- It gives you whiter and brighter teeth removing the stains on your teeth dye to its crunchy property and also by stimulating increased salivary secretion.
- Protects you from different types of cancers.
- Protects you from brain diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer.
- Minimizes the risk of diabetes.
- Controls cholesterol levels.
- Reduces the risks of gall stones.
- Good for digestive system.
- Improves immunity.
- Acts as a detoxifier of the liver.
- Aids in weight loss.
There are so many more health benefits and this is why you should definitely include apple in your daily diet.